How to Shop at Goodwill
Hi everyone! I haven’t been around for awhile because I’ve been so sick with a really bad cold or at least that’s what I hope it is. I hope you all have been doing well! Today’s post is going to be on how to shop at Goodwill. Have you ever shopped at Goodwill before? If not you really should start!
At Goodwill it is really easy to spend more than you originally planned. Since the prices are so cheap it’s so easy to just say why not to everything and before you know it you end up way over your budget. I know because I’ve done it so many times before. I ended up with clothes that didn’t even fit or clothes that I never actually wore. I’m writing this post to help you avoid some of the shopping mistakes I used to make when visiting Goodwill. Hopefully you find it helpful!
Tips on How to Shop at Goodwill
- Write down what you actually need
- Before I go to Goodwill I make a list of the items that I actually need. It could be church dresses, shoes, or blouses. Making a list helps me to focus on the items I need instead of wasting my time looking at things I don’t need.
- Find Goodwill’s in affluent areas
- It’s always a good idea to go to a Goodwill that is located in a affluent area. Obviously those Goodwill’s are going to have the best items. Goodwills in less affluent areas aren’t going to have nearly as much quality items.
- Go to more than one Goodwill
- If you can’t find what you need at one store go to another! Sure it might take up more of your time but you will still be saving money by not buying the items brand new!
- Try on Everything
- I try on everything before buying. I used to not because everything was so cheap but then I would end up with a bunch of clothes that looked cute on the rack but didn’t fit me the way I wanted. Do yourself a favor and try everything on. You’ll save money in the end.
- Go to Goodwill Often
- I once asked a cashier when was the best day to come in. She told me they put new items out everyday so it’s best to pop in often. So I say go as often as you can!
- Donate Your Items
- Finally, don’t forget to donate your items that you no longer use.
Why Shop at Goodwill?
Shopping at Goodwill has saved my family of four so much money. I buy a large majority of our clothes there. Shopping for a family of four can get expensive fast! When it comes to kid clothes if you think about it it really doesn’t make since to pay full price for kid clothes when they are going to outgrow it in just months. You just aren’t getting your moneys worth when you pay full price for kids clothes. This is the biggest reason of why I love shopping at Goodwill.
I really hope y’all have found my tips helpful. If you enjoyed this post then you may also like my Goodwill Haul
Do you have any tips on how to shop at Goodwill that you’d like to share? If so, share them in the comments below I’d love to hear them!
Thank you so much for visiting! Until next time!