Hey everyone! Today I’m going to show y’all how to make strawberry lemonade. I love making fun beverages like this for my family. Usually we drink mostly water but when Summer is here I like to take advantage of all the delicious fruits and turn them into delicious drinks! And today’s recipe is one of my favorites. My strawberry lemonade recipe is the perfect refreshing beverage for the summer. Adults love it, kids love it, who doesn’t love it? This delicious drink is so easy to make and taste so much better than the powdered lemonade you get at the grocery. Plus you know exactly what’s in it!
At first I was originally just going to make lemonade but since I found some strawberries that my kids hadn’t eaten yet I figured why not just make strawberry lemonade. It’s even better than just lemonade but just as easy to make. My sister, daughter and husband all love this drink and I love making it for them.
Check out some of my other refreshing Summer beverages below.
Summer Beverages from Thrift and Spice
This recipe is super easy and is hard to mess up. You can always change up the amount of lemons or strawberries you use depending on how lemony and sour you like it to taste. I prefer to make mine pretty sweet since it is served over ice and therefore gets watered down a bit.
You can follow my recipe and then in the future you can make any changes you see fit according to your taste. I can almost guarantee you’re going to love it. Everyone I serve it to always asks for the recipe later!
Strawberry Lemonade Steps
- First you need to make the simple syrup. In a pot bring one cup of white sugar and one cup of water to a boil over medium heat and mix until sugar is dissolved. Then remove from heat and let cool down completely.
- One the simple syrup has cooled down completely you can start on the fruit. Wash and hull one pound of strawberries. Then cut five lemons in half.
- Now squeeze the lemons with a lemon squeezer. I squeeze the lemon juice right into the pot with the simple syrup.
- Use a slotted spoon to get out any seeds that may have fallen in the pot.
- Pour the syrup and lemon juice mixture into a pitcher.
- Blend the strawberries plus one cup of water for one minute.
- Pour the blended strawberries into the pitcher.
- Pour in 6 cups of water and stir well.
- Serve the strawberry lemonade over ice.
Strawberry Lemonade Tips
- Don’t skip making the simple syrup. Simple syrups are the key to sweetening cold beverages.
- Use a lemon squeezer instead of hand squeezing to make it easier.
- Easily make it an adult beverage by adding a little rum to your glass.
- Get rid of the pulp and seeds by straining the simple syrup lemon juice mixture before pouring into pitcher.
- Garnish the glasses with slices of lemon and mint leaves for a pretty presentation.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
Thanks for reading this post on how to make strawberry lemonade! This delicious and refreshing beverage is sure to be a hit at your next get-together. See you next time!
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb strawberries washed and hulled
- 5 lemons halved
In a pot bring water and sugar to a boil over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved and remove from heat. Let cool down completely.
Once the syrup has cooled down squeeze the lemon juice into the syrup with a lemon squeezer.
Use a slotted spoon to remove any seeds that may have fallen into the syrup. Pour the mixture into a pitcher. You may strain the mixture first if you don't like pulp.
Blend the strawberries along with one cup of water for about a minute. Pour the blended strawberries into the pitcher and stir well.
Pour 6 cups of water into the pitcher and stir well.
Serve the strawberry lemonade over ice.
Here are some other amazing Summer beverages to try!
Strawberry Cucumber Refresher – Little Figgy
Lavender Lemonade – Restless Chipotle