This incredibly delicious healthy banana split recipe is a great way to start your day! It also makes for a healthy dessert option. This recipe can be easily adapted so go ahead and give it a try!
Why you’ll love this recipe
This healthy banana split makes you feel like you’re eating dessert but without the guilt. It’s full of healthy ingredients that taste amazing and also provide you with antioxidants, fiber, protein and healthy fats. It has everything you need to start your day off right!
- Banana- Provides sweetness and contains vitamin C and potassium.
- Greek yogurt- Rich source of protein
- Granola- Provides crunchy texture and fiber.
- Chopped pecans- Provides healthy fats.
- Chopped strawberries- Provides additional sweetness along with antioxidants.
- Peanut butter- adds more protein.
How to make it
Peel the banana and carefully split in half. Then top it with the Greek yogurt and granola.
Next add the chopped pecans and chopped strawberries. Next heat up the peanut butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds or until runny. Then drizzle the peanut butter over the banana split.
Tips and tricks
- Use a ripe banana but not so ripe that it’s mushy or it will be hard to split in half.
- You can use plain or vanilla greek yogurt.
- Use the chopped nuts of your choice. I like to use pecans but peanuts are great too.
- Other berries such as blueberries, blackberries and raspberries are great additions.
- Almond butter can be used in place of the peanut butter.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Try these:
- black bean omelet
- avocado egg white toast
- oat milk chia pudding
- Mexican style scrambled egg whites
- flourless banana pancakes
Healthy banana split recipe
This healthy banana split is one of our favorite recipes. We like to have it for breakfast, dessert or as a snack. It’s delicious anytime of day.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and I hope you will give it a try!
Follow me @thriftandspice on Pinterest to see more delicious recipes!
Healthy Banana Split
This healthy banana split recipe is just as delicious as the classic but with good for you ingredients!
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tbs peanut butter
Carefully split the banana in half.
Top with Greek yogurt and granola.
Then add the chopped pecans and chopped strawberries.
Next heat up the peanut butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds or until runny. Then drizzle over the banana split.
Serve and enjoy!