Have you been wanting to try a pixie cut? Go for it! With the insanely hot weather now is the perfect time!
I am so in love with my pixie cut! It took me forever to finally get one because I was so afraid it wasn’t gonna look good on me. After finally mustering up the courage to go for it I went to my bathroom and chopped it off myself! If you know me you know I like to save money and do things myself. However, let me tell you, that was a HORRIBLE idea!! It looked horrendous! I had to go to the salon so they could fix it. So it ended up being shorter than I wanted it.
That happened last year. Now that it has grown out it looks so much cuter! Thankfully it hides the bald spot that I gave myself not too long ago. So…you may be wondering why I gave myself a bald spot. Well you can read about it here if you’d like.
Why You Should Get a Pixie Cut
- It’s just hair, it grows back
- This was a big reason for me. If the pixie turns out horrible it WILL grow back! I don’t want to be 70 years old and regret not getting a pixie cut.
- A fresh new style
- I was so sick of the same style that I had for years. Well it wasn’t even a style really, it was just long hanging hair. It’s what I would like to call “mom hair”. My go to style was a ponytail. How boring.
- Pixie Cuts require less time to style
- I pretty much blow dry for two seconds and I’m done. If you’re a busy mom like me you’ll love this benefit.
- Pixie cuts can be versatile
- If you leave your hair longer on top you have more options when it comes to styling it.
- Hair appears thicker and fuller
- If you’re hair is on the thin and fine side like mine then going short will give the appearance of having thicker fuller locks. (especially when blow dried!)
- Pixie cuts are sexy
- I and so many other people find pixie cuts extremely sexy and sensual. The back of a womans neck is a beautiful and sensual part of the body that doesn’t get shown much. Show it off with a pixie cut!
- It’s Freaking hot outside!
- a pixie cut will keep your hair off of your neck and shoulders and in turn will keep you a bit cooler.
I know some women don’t want to get a pixie cut because they don’t want to spend the money to keep up the style. This is a good point. As a thrifty diva myself I was worried about this. I only got my hair cut twice in a salon since getting a pixie.
Now I have my husband take the clippers to it and I just tell him what to do. I get that this may be something that many aren’t willing to risk but I’m ok with it. I think he’s done a pretty good job. It may not be perfect but that’s alright with me.