This post contains affiliate links
I think everyone should have an essential oil diffuser. I have two and I use them both every single day. Since buying them I have completely stopped using candles and air fresheners. And my home still smells amazing. Actually it smells even better! This is something I am really proud of as candles and air fresheners are filled with toxins that I am no longer exposing my family to. Who doesn’t want their home to smell amazing without all the harmful toxins? Check out some other reasons why I am obsessed with my diffuser below.
Why You Need an Essential Oil Diffuser
1. Safer than candles: I love that diffusers don’t have a flame. Even though I always kept my candles out of my children’s reach it’s still just one less thing that I have to worry about.
2. Long lasting scent: Lately my favorite oil to diffuse has been Jasmine. I can smell a lingering Jasmine scent for a full day after diffusing it for only a few hours. I’m obsessed with it. I literally feel like I’m in a garden sometimes and I love it!
3. Cheaper than candles and air fresheners: Before I discovered essential oils I used to spend so much money on different ways to make my home smell good. I used candles, sprays, incense, wax warmers but I was never completely satisfied with them and I was always replacing them. With essential oils I feel I am getting the most out of my money. My little bottles of oil lasts for many months because all I need is a few drops of oil to have my home smelling good for hours. So buying a diffuser might seem like a big cost at first but for me it has already paid off. My two diffusers are from the now brand and they were reasonably priced. However there are many different brands you can choose from.
4. Great for relaxation: My favorite oils for relaxation are jasmine, lavender and lemongrass. When I am feeling anxious and stressed which is probably most of the time turning on my diffuser always helps me. I usually like to diffuse lavender right before bed.
5. Clearing a stuffy nose: Instead of using Vicks to breathe better I diffuse a few drops of eucalyptus and peppermint oil. It works amazingly well in fact it works almost immediately. I prefer it to Vicks vapor rub which can get messy.
If you don’t have a diffuser already then you need to get one asap! In fact I liked mine so much that I even bought one for my mom and nana. Now they are obsessed! I think they make great gifts for moms or anyone really. If you already have one let us know what your favorite oil to diffuse is in the comments below!